the low down...
well what can i say about berlin. I came to germany having not visited previously as it never really interested me as i believed the country and people were very similar to my own, england. how wrong i was. berlin was one of those places that i can see you self living in..
my recommended places to visit
- the berlin wall open air museum (free)
- bocci light design house (free)
- museum island (costs vary)
- flakturn (watch tower with great views of the city) (free)
places to eat
- superfoods & organic liquids (my favourite) (try the chia pudding)
-daluma (try the acai bowl)
- matcha cafe (matcha everything)
-markthalle neun (pop up restaurants)
- bun bao (great asian inspired burgers)
- the bowl ( amazing vegan food)
how to get around
get a day ticket it costs €7 from the on the metro stations. it can be used on the bus, tram, train & metro.
where i stayed
i stayed in the generator hostel in mitte. these i believe are the best hostels group in the world. They are great for groups but can be seen as non personal to solo visitors as it has no real areas to meet people other than the bar.